Residential / Small Business
Flexible payment options
Country Energy has the following payment options for residential and small business customers.
Online by credit card
You can use this site's secure account payment facility to pay by Mastercard or Visa. You will need to have your most recent Country Energy account or account details handy. A minimum transaction of $10 applies.
Direct Debit makes paying your Country Energy account simple by enabling you to arrange automatic transfers from your bank, building society or credit union. It costs you nothing to set up and you can choose from three options:
- EasyPay: we average your accounts over a year and debit an agreed amount either each week, fortnight or month. This means you won't get hit with the odd large seasonal account. Click here for more information on EasyPay.
- Regular instalments: you specify how much you want to pay and how often, though any arrears must be paid by the due date of your next account.
- Total account: your total account is debited in full on the due date.
To switch to direct debit, either:
Register and apply now or call 13 23 56.
This no fee service allows Pensioners, Unemployed, Family Payment Recipients and Students receiving a Centrelink payment to have automatic deductions transferred from their benefits to pay bills including electricity.
- Deductions are voluntary.
- Can be weekly or fortnightly depending on the payments they receive - can use combination of pensions/benefits.
- Two or more people can nominate to pay from their individual benefits towards one account.
- Payment plans can be calculated by Country Energy (EasyPay), or
- Amount can be nominated by customer, but balance must be paid by the due date.
To use BPAY, please contact your financial institution and ask for access to their telephone or internet banking service. Once you have access to the service, you simply:
- Call your financial institution's phone banking service or visit their internet site.
- Quote the BILLER CODE 5025 for Electricity and Gas Accounts, or BILLER CODE 524298 for Water or Sundry Accounts.
- Quote your REFERENCE NUMBER found in the BPAY box on your bill (when viewing energy.web, please quote all the numbers in your customer number, including the number after the dash).
- Quote the amount you wish to pay (minimum transaction of $10 applies).
Your financial institution then transfers the funds from the nominated account straight to Country Energy - on the day you nominate.
Use your credit card to pay by phone from anywhere in Australia by calling
1300 136 232 and have your account and credit card handy.
Simply tear off the payment slip on your account and send with a cheque or your credit card details to the address shown on your account.
Visit Australia Post, or any of our local payment agents displaying the Country Energy agent's sign. Please make sure you don't forget to take along your current payment notice or payment card.
Are you experiencing payment difficulties?